1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Arie, 2002/01/07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/07
    beanman2k

beanman2k Inactive

Fantastic job getting back so quickly. You've have always made my move to the pc world (from the commercial sector) an enjoyable one. I always made at least one stop here everyday. The return to a normal is much appreciated. Looking forwarded to a long membership. I hope the low down dirty rats that did the dirty deed to this fine forum suffer from loose bowel syndrom all the days of their mindless, cowardly and useless lives. Ah! I feel better now.

As Roy would say, "Goodbye, goodluck and may the good Lord take a likin' to ya. "

2. 2002/01/07
    bdbm

bdbm Inactive

Can't say how much I'm glad your up and running again. This is by far the best forum on the web. Great work Arie and all the other people that "busted it" to get the site running again.:D

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/07
    MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Geek Member

Glad to see the board back up!!! Thanks for all the work!

5. 2002/01/07
    KLR

KLR Inactive

Thanks

A happy, happy day for me. Soooo glad you are back.
    Ken:D

KLR,
  6. 2002/01/08
    gt72755

gt72755 Inactive

Nice Job Arie;) So where are the political discussion boards??:D

It is nice to see the site back & up again!

7. 2002/01/08
    Xeroid

Xeroid Inactive

Glad to see this board is back up. I hang out at another board for hardware a lot, but, this has always been the best place to get my O.S. questions answered. I've really missed the help.

Mike :D

8. 2002/01/09
    Galdor

Galdor Inactive

Welcome Back!!

Welcome back Arie and everyone. I'm looking forward to this fabulous resource again. It was only down a few weeks, and I was going crazy without it!

9. 2002/01/09
    Alchemy

Alchemy Inactive

As everyone else has expressed, thanks Arie for getting the board back up. It felt like losing friends and a part of my on-line life when I couldn't cruise through everyday and see what was happening. Glad to see everyone coming back! Here's hoping for a great 2002 for all of us.

Stephanie

10. 2002/01/11
    fatpatmac

fatpatmac Inactive

To Arie and all , thank you for not letting a hacker or dare I say a 'cyber-terrorist' close this site down, takes some resolve to keep it going:D
    As a side note I'd like to 'Hiya' to Newt a special thanks to him to sending me here to begin with, I do recommend this site to any who want/need help and will try to always.

11. 2002/01/11
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

A bitter/sweet Yahoo!

I am so glad to see this board up and running again. My day's on the web were just not the same without it. I found myself clicking this link over and over in the hope's that perhaps an email notice was forgotten and the link would somehow magically work. All I got was that now memorized posted message which should have been, in my opinion, a "wanted DEAD or alive" poster for the vicious hacker who destroyed all those invaluable "Data Archived Files ".

Hence the use of the phrase "bitter/sweet ". I learned a lesson as well, since I had stopped backing up my own T-Shoot links and fixes and was relying on your server and the Archives to keep these handy for me...... Oh well, I guess it's time to roll up the sleeves and try to pack those "Archives" again.

Thank you Arie, for finding the spirit and the will to once again offer this service to the public. It must have made you sick after all the tweaking hours you put into customizing the older bbs software. Words can't express how shocked, horrified and sorry I was to see this happen. I hope that eventually you will find and prosecute the person responsible. I'd hate to see this happen again, as you can bet this hacker will consider this a prime challenge.

12. 2002/01/12
    Christine

Christine Inactive

Welcome Back, I've missed this place :D

13. 2002/01/12
    shotsi

shotsi Inactive

Good to be back...really missed this place. Thanks, Arie!
    BTW, this vBulletin software rocks!

shotsi:)

14. 2002/01/12
    Marv6 Lifetime Subscription

Marv6 Well-Known Member

Glad you are back!!!

It is great to have you back. This is my favorite site and I really missed it. Now, it is better than ever. Many thanks for all of your hard work to get back online.

Marv:D :D

15. 2002/01/12
    LandShark

LandShark Inactive

I have been negligent in not adding my name and 2 bits here. :rolleyes:

Nice job, Arie! Just love the way you set it up this time! Like someone posted before me, I also would check almost on a daily basis for fear that I wasn't emailed.

Won't soon forget the morning that the email came. I was in here like a dirty shirt! :D It was like Christmas morning for a little kid.

Bring me the person who took this site away from me and I will dispense justice upon him myself.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.