1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows still updates but last checked and history shows no updates?

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Marv6, 2020/01/30.

1. 2020/01/30
    Marv6 Lifetime Subscription

Marv6 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Now, when I go to Win updates, it says updates were never installed and history says I have not tried to install an updates on your computer. However, it lets me install updates and installed updates shows 237 updates installed. I noticed this after my most recent DISM cleanup and restore health run. I have run the update troubleshooter for win 8.1 and it says it found errors and fixed them, but, still no history. why?

thanks for any help concerning this,

Marvin

2. 2020/01/30
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

What are the dates when you compare them when the last updated was installed compared to the DISM Cleanup?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2020/01/30
    Marv6 Lifetime Subscription

Marv6 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

All of the updates show in installed both before the last DISM and after the last DISM was run. History shows nothing and Updates were installed shows never??? Weird? The most recent updates on 01-16-20 are showing in installed, but, history still shows nothing(was over a month since I last ran DISM(maybe has nothing to do with this?)) And last updates still shows never. Currently says there are 6 optional updates available(some go back to 2014). I usually don't install the optional updates.