1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Installation

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by kcs, 2002/01/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/10
    kcs

kcs Guest Thread Starter

I tried installing Windows 2000SP2 on an ABIT KA7-100 with a AMD Athlon 800, 1G Ram and every time it gets to detecting hardware it stops :( . I have an ATI All-in Wonder 128 16meg PCI Card, a D-Link DFE538TX PCI Network Card and a Soundblaster Live PCI Soundcard. When I remove any one of them the computer will continue the install and be fine, but if I put any one back in, it will stall again just before the windows load screen. I have tried installing it as a standard PC non(ACPI) and i still could not get it to work. If I put in another PCI card and remove either the soundblaster or the videocard it would work, which means that all the PCI slots on the mobo works. Right now I have it running with an old ISA soundcard but I would like to use the new soundcard which I bought especially for this PC.

IRQ Conflict?

Any Ideas?

kcs,
  2. 2002/01/10
    dizze

dizze Guest Thread Starter

Try switching the locations of the cards in the PCI slots. Read the manual to the mboard, certain PCI slots will share IRQs with others.

You could buy a cheap AGP video card and free up a slot.

Dizz-E

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/13
    kcs

kcs Guest Thread Starter

done

Already tried that.:(

kcs,
  5. 2002/01/22
    kcs

kcs Guest Thread Starter

now fixed

I replaced the network card with an older version of the same type of card from an old computer and the problem was fixed. D-Link 538tx - D-Link 530..

kcs,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.