1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved A2DP stereo Bluetooth driver

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by IvanH, 2011/02/07.

1. 2011/02/07
    IvanH

IvanH Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Is Windows 7 Prof installed notebook an A2DP stereo Bluetooth-enabled device?

I got a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver (http://www.belkin.com/au/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=510645) and the System Requirements there wrote "Laptop enabled with stereo Bluetooth ". I tried all 3 notebooks, all of them can "see" and "connect" the Receiver but none of them can play properly via the device to my HiFi set. But it works well with iPhone/iPod touch.

Do I need to download some drivers to my Windows 7?

2. 2011/02/07
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Hi Ivan,

It's only a guess but I'd suggest most laptops won't have Stereo BT, of course it would help if we knew which models of laptops you are trying.

EDIT: I'm assuming by notebook you mean laptop, if you mean Netbook then chances are even more remote.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/02/08
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Arie,
    lj50 likes this.
  5. 2011/02/08
    IvanH

I used Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows on Microsoft Windows Vista, but it took a lot of CPU resources, and once installed, it couldn't be uninstalled (as told by Asus technical support last year). So I dare not using it on Windows 7 again.

Meanwhile from the Bluetooth Settings/Hardware on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit notebook, there are two devices:
    Generic Bluetooth Adapter, (on C:\Windows\system32\ using DRIVERS\bthport.sys and DRIVERS\BTHUSB.SYS, and fsquirt.exe

and,

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (driver version 6.1.7600.16385 dated 21/6/2006) so old! But it's "up to date ".

I wonder if there's another Bluetooth device that support A2DP 2.1+?

Or if there's a Bluetooth USB dongle that support it?

I'll continue research on it, but if experienced professional can give me advice to save my time, I'd be very appreciated.

6. 2011/02/11
    Arie

Sorry, I can't help. Never needed A2DP with a computer.

Arie,
  7. 2011/02/11
    IvanH

I got a Targus USB Bluetooth Adapter (windows 7 compatible) and it said it supports A2DP. I installed the software according to instruction. It failed. And from Device Manager, the Bluetooth Radio had Generic BLuetooth Adapter remained but the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator disappeared!

I couldn't get it back. I tried restoring it from Restore Point but Restore Point failed.
    I recovered something like this a few years ago on Vista at Windows Register level but have nothing left in my memory.

Any help this time, Arie?

8. 2011/02/11
    Arie

No help from me as I said above, sorry.

Arie,