1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Tampering Violation [message in AVG 8]

Discussion in 'Security and Privacy' started by kerrie lane, 2008/05/26.

1. 2008/05/26
    kerrie lane

kerrie lane Inactive Thread Starter

Irecently downloaded the new free avg 8.0 and ever since when my security check is being carried out ,at the end it says . The system has detected tampering with your registered product type, this is a violation of your software license, tampering with product type is not permitted.
    Under the heading of Windows license violation.This is a mystery to me as all i have done is download the new version of AVG, COULD SOMEBODY ADVISE ME AS TO WHAT I MAY HAVE DONE WRONG.

2. 2008/05/26
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Kerrie - Welcome to the Board :)

There have been a lot of issues with AVG 8 as a search on the BBS will reveal. I suspect this is a bug and something that you could not have contributed to.

I have moved your thread to the General Security forum for our Security guys to take a look at.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/05/26
    Geri Lifetime Subscription

Geri Inactive Alumni

Hi kerrie lane
    Did you uninstall the old version before installing the new one. or did you install over the old?

It may be detecting that you have 2 AVG programs which is not permitted.

Look in your add/remove list to see if AVG7 is listed and if so remove it.

Geri

Geri,
  5. 2008/05/26
    timmins

timmins Well-Known Member

Does Add/Remove thoroughly delete AVG 7 Free or do you need a Removal Tool as well, like you do for Norton AV? Thanks.

6. 2008/05/27
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Add-remove gets rid of all of avg install, no need for a separate uninstaller like norton.